Saturday 6 October 2012

Post 10 - Kara the Wildborne

This is the final Circle model from the Battle Box. After painting so many large bulky models it was quite a shock to paint such a small delicate one. Kara was really easy to put together an clean up. I like the her simplicity  - none of the bells and whistles that seem to accompany so many minis I see today. In my opinion, in this case less is more. 



In terms of painting I am most happy with her golden armour and staff. This was my browny gold over brown, followed by GW Burnished Gold highlights. I initially painted her hair blonde, but felt that a change to ginger draws more attention to her head.






Kara is a Warlock and therefore the most important model on the table. I don't know enough about the game to comment on how good she is or how to really use her. I can however point out a few of her spells and abilities. She gives warbeasts in her control area (12inch) a significant boost to their attack roles. IN terms of spells including her feat she has five. Two of them give her the ability to gather fury, another lets her grant stealth to a friendly model.

Overall Kara Wildborne is a really cool looking Warlock who I think would work best in an army that maximises warbeasts. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment