Friday 5 October 2012

Post 9 - Feral Warpwolf

Reading my last post I think it was a bit lengthy and overly detailed. I am going to keep this one much more concise (Lets me know what you think)...

As you can see from the pictures I have finished my Circle Heavy War beast. The model was extremely simple to put together and the mould lines were accessible and easy to remove.


With the exception of the skin I used all the same painting techniques I have used on my other Circle models. I spent quite a long time on the skin making smooth highlights with elf flesh and white. Unfortunately this was time not well spent. As once the dip was added these highlights were completely swamped. This is such a cool centre piece model I wish I had stuck to light washes and not dipped him.   Overall However I am still happy with the model and it will look good on the gaming table.




The Warpwolf is an open handed warbeast, giving extra options for throwing/moving enemy models.  It has the controlled warping and regeneration abilities. Controlled warping enables the beast to be versatile by increasing either its ARM, SPD or STR each turn. Whilst regeneration helps the Warpwolf recover lost wounds each turn.

For me, this model is what makes Hordes so exciting. Its basically a huge hulking wolf man like monster. Its fast, strong and hard to hit.

My next post will see me finish the Circle forces off by painting their Warlock Kaya. And guess what I am not gonna dip her...


No comments:

Post a Comment