Sunday 7 October 2012

Post 12 - Blighted Ogryn Warspears

Going forward I will not be dipping any of my Everblight models. I really don't think it works well with their skin tones. Instead I will stick to using washes and highlights.



My Everblight skin is a base of GW Astronomican grey, followed by a dry brush or highlight of white. GW Badab black wash was then applied, before the skin was re-highlighted where needed. A bit more time consuming than dipping, but at least you don't have to wait a day for the dip to dry.




I still have problems with a lack of sculpt diversity, but overall I think these miniatures look fantastic. 



As well as looking great the Warspears have some useful abilities. They have both a ranged attack and a melee attack with reach. Additionally they have the assault trait which enables them to carry out their ranged attack as well as a a melee attack when charging. From a defensive perspective these ogres not only each have 8 wounds, but also the set defence ability which makes it harder for models to attack them.

The next model to paint will be Lylyth Herald or Everblight...








  

No comments:

Post a Comment