Thursday 4 October 2012

Post 7 - The Winter Argus

In my previous post I mentioned that I did not like the Argus model. The winter Argus however I completely love. It goes together much better and the pose is much more to my liking. The fact that it is rearing up makes it seem like a much more intimidating monster.


The overall painting effect is much more to my liking. The skin and fur were very easy to achieve and work really well with the dip. The fur was simply painted white and the skin a light grey. Very little effort for what is a really nice result. The armour is the same as the Argus. I might come back to this at a later date and put a highlight on the green.




How does the Winter Argus differ to the Argus? Well the core stats are identical, but the Winter costs 5pts instead of 4pts. The difference between the models are in the ranged attacks and the special abilities. The Winter loses what I thought was a really good ability - the doppler bark. It instead receives two offensive ranged attacks that have the possibility to critical freeze. Critical freeze is good if it comes off as it completely freezes the enemy model for a complete turn. This is more powerful than the doppler bark ability. Like the argus these attacks are a short range spray so can therefore effect multiple targets.

It seems that the frost breath attack is more random but more powerful than the doppler bark. I think I prefer the more reliable but less powerfull ability of the Argus. I have however not played the game and look forward to testing my theory.

I am really excited about my next project which will be the Wolfkin. The models look great and I am sure they will work really well with the dipping...

No comments:

Post a Comment